Sunday, June 29, 2014

WRITE FROM THE HEART AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW

Once again, I wanted to share my most recent post from my travel blog.  I'm first to say that probably my most favorite subject to write, read and talk about is hiking the Appalachian Trail.  Perhaps it is because when I'm out there on the trail, I am moved by the entire experience...changed by each section I complete.  I learn new things about myself.  I sometimes am revisited by parts of me I hope to leave behind one day.  I carry a lot of baggage with me on a daily basis, and when I head out for one of my A.T. hikes, I leave a little bit more if out there in the woods each time I return.  My point is that when I write about my time there, I write from my heart.  It might not be the most technical writing I've ever done and there's certainly no fiction involved in it...everything I write about is something I've actually experienced first hand.  As hard as I try, I don't think I really do what I gain from the trail justice, but it is my hope that anyone who reads it walks away with something positive....even if it's only knowing that there's someone else out there pushing themselves to go far outside their comfort zone and take a chance...someone who is trying...someone who doesn't give up.

That all being said, here is the link to my travel blog post.  Please enjoy...

http://journeysoffthebeatenpath.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment